Tuesday 10 December 2013

Construction: Of film poster so far


This is what I have constructed so far on my film poster.
After researching other film posters, in particular the posters of Warner Bros. Pictures who I am using in the production of my film, I researched the font they used for their billing block. I used this also as I felt that it was a convention of Warner Bros. Pictures. I also tried to create a similar layout and context for example, 'screenplay' and 'in association with'.

I then added in the institutional logos for the companies I had used in the production of the film, as these will be more recognisable to the audience rather than just writing. I separated the Warner Bros. Pictures logo although it was not intentional, it was as I first placed this here, and the Morgan Creek logo on the left which mirrored each other, making it seemed balanced. However I was aware that I had to incorporate the website address on to the film poster, so positioned this next to the Warner Bros. logo as this created the visual balance. The website address I used was the one used for my film magazine, as I have also stated in the credits block that the magazine was in association with the film.







I also added in the date as this is a vital element to the promoting the date of the release so that the audience are aware. I ensured that this was in a larger font to the billing block as this was a more important part for the audience to know.

The name of my film is 'one too many lies' I used the font Plane Crash, as this gave a edgy aesthetic appeal which connotes the genre. This is the largest typography on the page as this is the most important feature which you have to get across to the audience. I have also included a tagline of 'its not over till I say it is', this will feature on the character posters and a line within the trailer. It is positioned at the top of the page, as from my research this was a conventional place where this was positioned.

Left to do...
Insert and image and a background.


No comments:

Post a Comment