Friday 22 November 2013

Planning: Reading a trailer

There are several questions I shall ask myself once my film trailer is complete. This will cover the topics of formal properties, content, sound, marketing, exhibition etc.

From reading this article it has given me a clearer idea at what I should be looking for.
  1. Is the storyline too exposed?
  2. What are the shot lengths? too quick/ too slow.
  3. What transitions are used? Any clear skills shown?
  4. How is the explanation provided? taglines/voice-over? Transcribe.
  5. What is the diegetic appeal? eg.genre, storyline
  6. How am I going to market the film? Social media, advertisement
  7. Has music helped to structure the trailer?
  8. What is the meaning behind the trailer?
  9. What is the tone/attitude of the trailer?
  10. Ensure audience will have an appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment