Thursday 24 October 2013

Planning: Audience feedback

In order to gain the responses I wanted I asked four questions to members of my target audience.focus group in order to understand their opinions on my trailer so far, and how I could change to improve it.

The questions I asked were...

  • Do you understand the narrative?
  • Do you like what footahe I have used so far?
  • Shall I use the contrast of the happier scenes to the second half?
  • Do you have any ideas of what else I could include?
All the people questionned said yes, that they did understand the narrative. This I was very pleased about as I have a niche genre which I have portrayed in an understandable way to the audience. They have picked up upon the conventions I have used such as the fast-paced editing. However they have mentioned some ideas, which I can consider in order to portray the genre even clearer. Some suggested to use shadowing and reveal more of the storyline. I have not completed the trailer yet so more of the storyline will be shown, I do also like the ideas of shadows, so may include this elements when filming.

Question two also showed that the audience liked the footages I had already used, which shows that I just need to film similar shots such as this to continue to portray a good mystery-thriller trailer. One also suggested using an establishing shot, which I shall include as this is what I have already planned on my storyboard.

Next asked whether I should maintain the current pattern of the the way the trailer is shown. They all said they did like the layout however, I could perhaps try cross-cutting or use flashbacks and see which one looks best and stick with that idea.

And lastly, question four, I asked if anyone of the people asked had further ideas of which I could incorporate. They just suggested to film more similar shots, and possibly come up with a twist as this could entice the audience more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment